03 Sep ‘Removal’ Casting Call for Manhattan Repertory Theatre
Casting Call for REMOVAL: A young lawyer, Jennifer Coral, fights for the life of two immigrants – one a refugee seeking political asylum, the other a mentally ill immigrant facing deportation for a drug crime committed twenty years earlier. Jennifer finds herself turning for help to her brother-in-law, a deportation officer in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, but uncertainty and family tensions lead Jennifer down an unexpected path, and exposes a larger rift in American society.
A new play by Chuck Conroy
Directed by Jean Lee
To be performed at Manhattan Repertory Theatre
303 West 42nd St #614New York, NY 10036
All auditions, callbacks, and early rehearsals will be at 65 Broadway. Location for other rehearsals TBA. Performances will be at Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 303 West 42nd Street, 6th floor, on October 28 and 30. Possible extension on October 29, November 1 and November 5.
Send picture and resume to: removaltheplay@gmail.
TECH: Monday,October 26, 5:30-8:25pm
PHOTOGRAPHED DRESS REHEARSAL: Tuesday, October 27, 5:30-8:25pm
(*Additional performances possibly on Thursday, October 29, 6:30pm and/or Sunday, November 1, 3pm and/orThursday, November 5, 6:30pm)
– JENNIFER CORAL: A 26-year-old attorney representing detained immigrants. From Queens, from Ecuadorian father & Jewish Mother. Young and passionate about immigrant rights, a fighter, but not seasoned yet and lacking certainty.
– BEN CHANN (JERRY): A 40-year-old Cambodian. Lived his entire life in the U.S.; his home is in the U.S. and is getting kicked out of the country due to the incident which happened 20 years ago.
– JEAN-MICHEL PIERRE: A 28-year-old Haitian seeking political asylum in the U.S. Short black man with a slight built. Lived his entire life in Haiti; escaped from home to survive, can’t go back home.
– JOHN AVERY: A 60-year-old white American, seasoned immigration attorney.
– SANDRA CICCOTELLI: Approximately 40 years-old. Jennifer Coral’s sister, Michael Ciccotelli’s wife. Jaded working woman who is never satisfied with a job.
– MICHAEL CICCOTELLI: A 42-year-old Italian American, deportation officer. Solid frame, approximately 6 feet tall. Clean-cut military type, ignorant in that he doesn’t give much thought to the world around him and the impact of his job on others.
– RUTH CORAL: Jennifer and Sandra’s mother, in late 60s-early 70s. Thin, somewhat gaunt-looking. Pale-white skin, thin blonde hair, likes to exercise and look good. Jewish but not religious.
– JUDGE GOODLING: Presiding over removal proceedings again Jean-Michel Pierre. Either male of female, any race, at least in his/her 50s.
– GOVERNMENT ATTORNEY: Male in his 30s, clean-cut, no-nonsense straight shooter, proud of his job.
Send picture and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This casting call is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute®.